Saturday, November 17, 2012

May 5, 2012

The only questions I had this week were about our Mother's Day call…

Mothers day Call... Well i am in church here until 12:00... So Maybe it would be better in the afternoon. I could always call on Saturday or Monday. If it is Sunday it would be best at night or in the afternoon so dad can make it back from his meetings. I think we can skype i better ask. .
Hello Everyone, What great news about my Nephew. I almost forwarded the pictures to all 180 missionaries so they can know who is an uncle again. I wasn´t sure about the name before but it is growing on me... Benson. I think i will call him Ben : ) (Erica had a baby on May 3rd and named him Benson Paul Haskell)

What a week. It was a lot different this transfer. All the other ones Elder Jamett helped a ton and this time it had to be Elder Belnap because my companion has never been a part of one. We had the transfers done and ready to send off to the zone leaders when the president calls saying that the roads were threatened by violent political strikes. We had to make a decision to travel or no. ( Really there was no choice everyone had to move because there were 14 new missionaries coming the next day.) We prayed and trusted that everything would be okay. Those that were far away we sent in plane. ( Buying plane tickets at 10;00pm for the next day at 8:00am is not easy) We had the help of the secretaries to get all the plans underway. We picked the missionaries up and all was well. We did all the transfers and everyone arrived safely to their zones and Areas. It is so incredible that these weeks actually happen without problems. (well big problems)
We had a baptism on Tuesday. All the new missionaries got to attend. I baptized Hugo. It was a very spiritual experience. He is 73 and God chose him at this moment in his life to be a true follower. We filled the baptismal room and the spirit lifted each one of us. I could not help but cry. As missionaries it is not easy. Sometimes we have to do things that are very hard. It is all worth it when someone is baptized. When Hugo was baptized i felt that God was forgiving me of my so many sins. After someone is baptized you realize that you had little to no part in his conversion. God does all his work. We merely help a little.
Big news this week. The mission Colombia Cali has official broken the record of baptisms in one month. It is the biggest in the last 8 mission presidents or better said 23 years.
160.
The lord has truly been with us every step of the way. It is a privilege to serve him here.
I love you all. God bless you.



Elder Belnap
Con amor,
Elder Benny Belnap

No comments:

Post a Comment